Do you ever just wake up and wish you had a better life? were a better person? were better at a particular skill or were just happier, more organized or more fearless?
- Treat yourself– I am huge on self-care in case I don’t make it painfully obvious. It is important to do stuff you enjoy regardless of time constraints, regardless of budget, your own happiness is important and you need to do something for you every once in a while. For reasons why CLICK HERE.
- Keep a journal– Write out your emotions, letters to those who have wronged you or to say things to loved ones that you can’t bring yourself to say. Doodle, write what you are grateful for, anything just get it all out.
- Take time for relationships– Friends, Husband/Wife, Kids, Parents, extended family, co-workers. Make sure you take the time to nourish relationships, who you have in your corner is always important.
- Eat & Sleep well– Eat 3-6 times per day ( I personally recommend 6), sleep 7-9 hours. There is nobody worse to be around than someone who is Hangry except maybe someone who is tired & hangry. Sleep & food improve your mood, your energy and your health.
- Unplug– Constant stimulation is never good. Sure I am all for phones and social media, I have had a phone for 14 years and love a good creep through facebook but it is important to give yourself a break. The constant stimulation makes you angry, upset, emotional, stressed without you even realizing it. The influx of information can avoid your conscious mind but eat away at your subconscious. I’m not saying do not ever use your phone or computer but take a break for yourself and spend it with family and friend or even just to relax by yourself with no distractions.
- Learn something new– Take a class or webinar or just read some RELIABLE articles and just learn something. It is always great to gather new information and I am a firm believer that you can never learn too much.
- Write down 5 things that make you happy– Give yourself the time to think about what really makes you truly happy for instance my five are: 1. Cuddling with my cats 2. Really warm bubble baths with candle light 3. Relaxing at home watching TV with my husband 4. Dinner out with friends 5. Driving aimlessly with my music blaring.
- Create a goal board– Decide on what you want; in the next month, six months, year, 5 years. How will you achieve it, how will you measure it. Plan your goals in detail and make them happen. (For tips on goal setting CLICK HERE)
- Do something for a stranger– Buy someone a coffee in the drivethru, hold the door for the person behind you, help an elderly person clean snow off their car, whatever you want to do just do something nice for someone else.
- Stand up for what you believe in– If you witness something you disagree with or have an issue you are passionate about, do something about it. Start a petition, join a march, make a tweet, say something. Never give up on what you believe in or what you think is right.