Today we will begin our second week of the self care challenge for march. If you haven’t done the first week yet that is fine and you can find it here. Today’s challenge will be focusing on your emotional well being.
Challenge#8- Create a self care playlist
Music has an incredible effect on our minds and because of that is great for self care . So today your challenge is to create your own self care playlist (on your phone, tablet, laptop, burn a CD…however you listen to your music.)
Below is the contents of my 20 song self care playlist
- Not Afraid- Eminem
- Going through changes- Eminem
- Beautiful – Eminem
- Guts over fear- Eminem
- Drop the world- Eminem& Lil’ wayne
- How do you get that lonely- Blaine Larsen
- One mic- Nas
- If you’re going through hell – Rodney Atkins
- Keep ya head up- Tupac
- Happy- Pharrell Williams
- Beautiful Day- U2
- Good vibrations- the beach boys
- Don’t stop believin- Journey
- Rollin’- Ish
- Absolutely (story of a girl)- Nine days
- Gives you hell- All American rejects
- All the small things- Blink 182
- Pony- Ginuwine
- Hypnotize- Notorious B.I.G
- Fight Song- Rachel Platten
Benefits- Music is the best medicine in my eyes. It helps ease pain (both physical and emotional), improves exercise endurance and motivation, improves sleep quality, reduces stress, relieves depression symptoms, elevates your mood. It also increases cognitive performance & reduces anxiety. Those are just a few of the many benefits there are a lot more as well. I will actually be doing a post in the near future solely on the benefits of music.
Extra challenge- Create a different playlist for various moods.
**What songs instantly up your mood ?