Now that we’ve covered to-do lists and goal setting how do you make yourself get things done? Procrastination is what tends to keep us from achieving our goals. Today we will battle & beat procrastination.
Step 1– Why are you procrastinating?
There are a variety of reasons that people procrastinate. 1) do you find the task boring and/or unpleasant? 2) are you just disorganized? 3) do you feel overwhelmed? 4) do you have underdeveloped decision making skills?
Step 2– Learn anti-procrastinating skills
- Reward yourself
- Have someone keep you on track
- Identify consequences of not completing the task
Step 3– Specific skills based on your reasoning
- Create a to-do list (day 1)
- Create time based goals (day 2)
- Focus on one task at a time (day 4)\
- Break the task into smaller more attainable tasks
- Remember the unpleasant consequences
- Reward yourself for doing the tasks
- Decision making skills
- Go off your first instinct prioritize and just do it